OUR GUIDES WILL PROVIDE ALL RODS, REELS, AND EQUIPMENT. IF YOU PREFER, YOU MAY BRING YOUR OWN.
- Minnesota Fishing license
- Tackle, rods and reels
- Rain gear
- Sun screen
- Bug repellent
- Sunglasses (polarized)
- Waterproof boots, sandals or shoes that can get wet if portaging. (rubber boots provided if needed)
* Basswood lake and BWCA (Boundary Waters Canoe Area) trips need to pack smaller, lighter tackle boxes and gear for room in boat and weight.
** If in BWCA, plastic containers only. No glass bottles or aluminum cans, this is a Boundary Waters rule!
- Fresh or New 6 to 8lb Test monofilament or Berkley Fire line 6lb to 8lb
- Medium rods 6ft-7ft
- Jigs - 1/16 to 1/4oz Jigs (Green, Chartreuse, yellow, orange, silver) Jig bodies, Berkley PowerBait, color: yellow, chartruse, white, black.
- Live bait rigs or commonly referred to as (Lindy rigging) - 1/4 to 3/4oz slip sinkers.
- Walking sinkers
- Egg Sinkers
- Bell Sinkers
- Lindy brand No-snag sinkers (any of these four listed above will work)
- Gamakatsu brand, plain or colored #4, 6, 8 size hooks
- Barrel swivels
- Spinner rigs (Green, Chartreuse, yellow, orange, gold, silver) (Look on links page for cutom made Weasel Walleye Wackers)
- Crank Baits
- Rapalla shad raps, sizes: #5 & #9 colors: perch,fire-tiger, yellow/white,silver/black
- Rapala original floaters, size #11 & #13, colors: silver/black, gold/black, yellow/white, blue/white, perch color.
- Top water-Stick baits, such as Rapalas, Husky jerks, Tinny torpedos, poppers, Jitter bugs, Hula poppers, Tube jigs or grub tails, colors; pumkin, purple, smoke, brown. Other plastics; chompers, sinkos, berkly gulp crawlers, brown, gray, smoke, pumkin, purple.
*GPS* With respect to our guides hard work; please let your guide know ahead of time if you will be bringing a GPS. Our guides are happy to help you learn how to use your own device. People caught concealing GPS devices will be tarred and featheredSmile.